Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Airport transfers in Prague

In 2001 we moved to the Praha Zapad only four kilometers from Prague Airport.

Knowing the reputation of the Prague taxi drivers I thought starting a company with a fixed price and English language speaking drivers might be a good idea. I was and it really took off. After two years we had 12 drivers and were doing 80 - 90 airport transfers a day. We continued to be quite busy until word got out and more and more companies started copying us.

When I started the company I gave a lot of thought to the name and came up with Prague airport shuttle not so original I know but easy to remember - I bought literally 25 domain names to kind of protect it but other people came up with similar looking names and slowly our share of the market went down but we were still busy but only 8 - 9 drivers.

In 2012 there were at least 17 companies providing airport transfers in Prague

In 2004 we started working shows James Brown was the first big one!



No comments:

Post a Comment