Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Back in the day

I had been living in London in the early 1990's and decided it was time for a lifestyle change. I wanted to travel and I figured out the only way to do it with no money was to teach English as a Foreign Language so I took a TEFL course in London. 

Where to go first, that was the question. My mom was still living in Paris so I could not go too far away and I needed to get some experience. I did some research and discovered the Czech Republic. It was said to be a good place for beginners and was a bus ride away so I lined up a job and arrived in Prague to teach English in the summer of 1993

I taught for several years first for a company and then got my own trade license and went out on my own. I had planned to stay just a year but it was an amazing place, I opened up a video rental place and rented VHS cassettes to the expat community and then in 2001 I started a company for visitors looking for airport transfers in Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment