Monday, March 11, 2019

Ringo Starr in Prague

I have been very lucky to have worked many shows and met a lot of interesting musicians over the years but the most emotional moment had to have been when I drove Ringo Starr to the John Lennon wall in Prague.

John Lennon wall in Prague
John Lennon wall

I was his runner and spent quite a few hours just parked outside the Four Seasons hotel in Prague. At one point his tour manager came out and asked me if I could take them on a tour of the city and of course I said yes!

Twenty minutes later they both came out and before we took off I asked if there was any place in particular they wanted to visit and they asked me what do I suggest?  So I asked if he had ever heard of the John Lennon wall, he hadn't so off we went. 


Airport arrival, I am the bald guy in the back :-)
On the way I explained the history of the wall. When we got there is was not very busy, just a young couple in their wedding attire, and we all got out to have a look. I was standing beside him and after a couple minutes he said to me "I used to know that guy". It was one of the most emotional moments in my whole life and one I will always remember.

After that we just went back to the hotel...


airport transfer in Prague
Outside the Four Seasons by my VW Multivan

 I got up enough courage to ask him for a picture 😇 something I rarely do...

I also worked Paul McCartney But I could was just too busy to try and get a picture 😒



1 comment:

  1. Wow, really cool. When was Ringo in town? and why? I dont recall he did a concert. I wish I had gone to McCartneys concert. I have never seen any of the beatles in concert. Nice one man.

    ReplyDelete